Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Leaner. Greener. Faster. Smarter."

"This is not about going out of business, this is about getting down to business."

That's from a recent TV ad for YOUR new General Motors. I say yours, because you and I are now the majority shareholders in GM. Here's the full ad:



This is kinda refreshing coming from the company that brought us the Hummer.

Sorry, I can't resist:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Difference Makers - The National Hummer Club
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq

Don't get me wrong, I hope GM--and the rest of the nation's automakers--have finally turned a corner, but why did it take a total financial collapse and a massive government buyout before GM decided it was time to innovate beyond "bigger, badder and bolder" to "leaner, greener, smarter?"

Perhaps if they'd gone down that road a decade ago they, and we, wouldn't be in this mess. Better late then never I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you are an anonymous user who attempts to troll this forum with the intention of inciting divisive, nonconstructive commentary, I reserve the right to delete your comment.